Sunday, October 5, 2014

Bonfire Smell

Last night was my cousin Lillian's birthday party. We had a bonfire! Now, I have mixed feelings about bonfires. I like them because they usually mean hotdogs and smores, but I dislike them for a few reasons. One of those reasons is the smoke. "But Callie, smoke follows beauty!" Yeah, the smoke could follow a moth, I really don't care, I just don't want the smoke following me around the fire when I'm just trying to roast a marshmallow, okay? The second reason is the day-after smell. When you go home, go to sleep, wake up, and realize your hair STILL smells like crackling fire. Then, your pillow smells like it. Oh, and then you figure out that your scarf, jacket, gloves, pants, and even SHOES smell like it. Then you get in your car to go to work and your CAR smells like it! Like, how does that even happen!? The third is the coughing. I really don't even know where to *smoke flies into face and engulfs vocal chords and restricts any conversation from happening*
You get my point.
However, I did eat lots of smores, and Lillian's present from all of us was giving her money to go adopt a wildcat named Santania at the Turpentine Wildlife Rescue center. (:
Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment