Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Know Your Audience

Afternoon, all! I've just read through a lot of our know your audience discussion board. I'm very impressed with the class I have chosen. Sometimes I wish I had more on campus classes so I could meet all the people I can. I love the fact that people can share their opinions and do it in a respectful, kind way. Aside from the fact that I enjoy diversity over a cookie cutter world, I also really enjoyed reading about the personal experiences of others. It was nice knowing I wasn't the only band geek who tripped on the field at halftime or the only one who has been through extreme hardship in life. It's nice to get to know people and empathize, laugh, and even get teary eyed. Though a real connection can never be reached through the internet, you can still empathize. This is another reason I wish I had more on campus classes. As far as my writing goes and how this has changed my perspective towards my audience, I don't think much has changed. I mean, now I know that people relate to me, and other people relate to the rest. I know now that I can ask a question or bring up a certain topic and know that some people have experienced it and some people have not. I'm looking forward to the future posts and comments we will encounter!

Have a wonderful Wednesday,
Cal

No comments:

Post a Comment