Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Nasty Sunday Feeling

You know that glorious feeling you get on a Sunday? You know, when you wake up and realize that you have some time to yourself and recollect your thoughts before the tiresome, stressful Monday ahead? Well, I don't know that feeling either. The only feeling I know is the NASTY SUNDAY FEELING. The feeling you get when you KNOW these are the last few seconds of independence and zen before you have to wake up to the shrieking sound of your alarm clock at 6:30AM. People always complain about Mondays. Well, what about Sundays?! They are just as bad, to be frank. When I was younger I used to dread Sundays. I would long to play just  one more battle on Star Wars Battlefront two. "Just ONE more song on guitar hero mom, just one! I promise," I pleaded with my mother. But, no. The horrid trip up the stairs and into my room would still take place. The awful choosing of the clothes of which I would wear to school the following Monday would make me wish that it could be Friday once more. As I fed my fish, Dorothy, I took as much time as possible. Slowly tapping the bottle against the tank, one fish flake at a time until I heard the footsteps of my mother coming down the hallway. From there, it was all a race: lights out, fan on, in bed, fake sleep, GO! She opened the door and she was none the wiser. To her, I had been asleep the whole twenty minutes I spent feeding my lone goldfish. To me, it was twenty more minutes of freedom! 
;)
Happy Sunday, everyone. 
-Cal

2 comments:

  1. It's all perspective. Right? I am huge lover of Sundays myself, but, then, every day is a good day. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I forgot about Star Wars BF2. Its been a LONG time. That and Star Fox 64 and Mario Cart. My friends and I would play that until moms would call moms... The dreaded phone call that signaled the end of the weekend. Then the ones that didnt live at that house would sulk out the door. "Cya tomorrow... at school..."

    ReplyDelete